Carry out these checks before each flight and it will increase your chances of success.
Before Powering Up
- Transmitter Power. Has your TX sufficient charge?
- Battery Voltage. Is your battery sufficiently charged?
- Check Airframe. Are there any structural weaknesses, i.e., loose wings/tail/motor mounts etc.?
- Hinges and Control Surfaces. Are the hinges all secure and do the control surfaces move freely?
- Electronic Connections. Are all servo leads connected to RX?
- Propeller. Is it tightly attached?
- Wheels and Undercarriage (if applicable). Are the wheels free to move and don’t wobble, and is the undercarriage secure?
- Centre of Gravity. Is the C of G correct with the battery installed?
After Power Up
- Is the battery hatch secure?
- Range check (if maiden flight).
- Failsafe check (if maiden flight).
- Check control directions.
- Does the motor spin freely?
- Check Wind Direction. Are you taking off into wind?
- Check for People. Make sure there will be no people under your flight.